Our bodies are made up of 60% water but this does not mean we are walking reservoirs. For men it is recommended to drink at least 15 cups a day and women at least 11 cups.
Water is essential for many things and here are some good reasons why to drink it.
- It hydrates the skin and helps us look less wrinkly
- Lubricates our joints
- Helps deliver oxygen throughout the body
- Helps form saliva and mucus
- Cushions the brain and spinal cord
- Regulates body temperature
- Helps regulate the digestive system
- Helps flush out waste and toxins
- Helps maintain blood pressure
- Needed for our airways e.g. helps prevent asthma
- Makes minerals and nutrients more accessible
- Helps prevent kidney damage
- Helps us perform better when exercising
- Assists with weight loss
- Reduces the effect of a hangover!
Well I will certainly drink to that!